Benefits of Massage Therapy
A healthy lifestyle involves a balance of cardiovascular conditioning, resistance exercise, flexibility training, proper nutrition and relaxation.
Massage helps achieve that balance through:
- Relaxation of the muscular system
- Relieved stress, tension, fatigue, headache and eye strain
- Relieved soreness, stiffness and muscle spasms
- Improved circulation
- Increased joint flexibility
- Decreased blood pressure
- Quicker recovery time from strains and sprains
All of our certified therapists are graduates of an accredited school of massage therapy. They practice anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, hydrotherapy, cryotherapy and other body work modalities.
Our therapists understand that everyone is unique. In order to provide the best possible care, we offer a wide variety of massage styles.
- Swedish massage promotes general relaxation by relieving muscle tension. Long, firm strokes and kneading are used. Swedish is excellent for first-time clients, but everyone can benefit.
- Shiatsu/Acupressure is an Asian-based style of finger pressure massage used to facilitate better circulation of blood and chi (energy) to an affected area and to relieve pain.
- Esalen massage emphasizes a nurturing, humanistic experience. Gentle flowing strokes are combined with stretches and rocking movements. Deep relaxation and wholeness of body/mind/spirit are emphasized. Great for first-timers.
- Trigger Point therapy applies pressure to tight areas within muscle tissue that cause pain in other parts of the body.
- Neuromuscular therapy is perfect for chronic and acute pain sufferers. The approach of gliding, rolling and stretching the skin helps to eliminate pain and muscle spasms.
- Sports massage focuses on the muscles relevant to a particular activity. Techniques promote greater endurance and performance as well as reduce the risk of injury and recovery time.
Appointment Rates & General Information
- One Hour Member, $52
- One Hour Non-member, $64
- Packages of 5 or 10 appointments available.
- Massage gift certificates are available at the Fitness Center Front Desk. Members may not purchase a certificate for non-members at the member rate.
- Appointments are taken at the Fitness Center Front Desk or by calling 708-538-5790.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to check in, make payment, obtain a locker and change clothes.
- A minimum of four hours notice is required to cancel an appointment or the full fee will be assessed.
- Non-members must reserve an appointment with a credit card or pay in advance. Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards are accepted.
- Non-members need to show a photo ID to receive massage services and are required to complete and sign a brief waiver.
- Non-members are welcome to use the fitness center before their appointment at no additional charge.