The Gottlieb Center for Fitness followed CDC, state of Illinois and local guidelines by temporarily closing in March to protect our community. At this time, there remains uncertainty as to when we may be able to reopen and we have made the difficult decision to remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Your health and fitness are important, so we hope you will continue to find ways to exercise for your personal fitness and mental health. Here are some tips on staying healthy during COVID-19:
- Take advantage of the summer weather and get outside. The fresh air and vitamin D will do wonders for your physical and emotional health.
- Take a 10-minute walk after each meal. In addition to adding extra steps and burning calories, a short walk after a meal can help to lower your blood sugar and aid in digestion.
- If you live near a grocery or pharmacy, put your mask on and walk to the store instead of driving.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed, turn off the TV and put your phone away for a few hours.
- Take some time to breathe, meditate and pray. Your spiritual health is as important as your physical health.
- Be sure to wear a mask and socially distance by staying six feet apart from others in public spaces.
This continues to be a very challenging time for all of us. Although we are staying safe by being physically distant from each other, please know that you are not alone. You are always in our thoughts.
Let’s keep moving safely together,
The staff at Gottlieb Center for Fitness