Gottlieb's Interpreter Services department has a bilingual staff of Spanish medical interpreters who are available by pager on weekdays, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Regularly visits each Spanish-speaking patient to offer language assistance.
- Assists doctors, nurses and technical staff communicate with patients and family members, including conferences and teaching situations.
- Assists Spanish-speaking patients who call to make appointments.
- Assists nurses in communicating pre-admission surgical instructions to Spanish-speaking patients.
- Assists nurses in making follow-up phone calls after the patients return home.
- Assists and connects callers to the proper departments with other same language-speaking hospital employees.
- Provides Spanish educational information and other resources as available.
- Facilitates communications between Limited English-Proficient (LEP) patients and staff members.
Gottlieb's Interpreter Services coordinator also:
- Organizes health fairs in the Latino community.
- Arranges health lectures to be given in the community by Gottlieb Spanish-speaking physicians.
- Coordinates Gottlieb's participation in other events such as the annual HispanoFest in Melrose Park.
Gottlieb is a hospital that accepts Hispanocare members. For more information, call (708) 450-4944.
To be referred to one of Gottlieb's more than 40 Spanish-speaking physicians, call (708) 450-4537.